Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Sewing Kit


This one was just too cute to leave in the box. It's a traveling sewing kit; which I - at first thought - was a thin coin purse. However, it's the kind you don't see around anymore. So, I picked it up and found that most of its items were still inside it; right up to the needle-threader!

What a find! I may not use it all that much; as the needle-threader does have a rather short life span and they are hard to come across these days. so, I may hold onto this one for the sheer joy of having something that's on the older side of the spectrum.
Besides, what are the chances of coming across another ones of these anytime soon? For me, slim. But people do collect these and in the past, they have come in all kinds of shapes and sizes; this one is just a little more streamlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment