Saturday, September 5, 2009

Old and Beautiful

Now, this one was originally a glasses case; however I have found it a new life as a coin purse. You see, our glasses cases these days are very different compared to the ones from days gone by. This one was found in a charity store and I paid around $5.00 for it; and it's that lovely mesh that everyone's collecting now and I love it! The best thing about this purse is that it's in wonderful condition; except for a little wear just inside where the hinge of the glasses would have rested (as you can see from the second photograph). But that's all. There wasn't any mesh missing, pulling away from the hinges or claspe. This is a very good quality glasses case-turned-purse.

The last time I used this purse, I went into the Life Line Bookfest in June this year and it was absolutely perfect for the amount of money I had for
it; as well as the change it had to carry! I also met up with my brother and his girlfriend and daughter that day too; and he's nuts about that purse because it's what our late-Grandmother used to use in purses and bags all the time. However, seeing how rare it is to come by these darlings, don't give up on finding them. I was very lucky to see this one; that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment