Sunday, September 6, 2009

Grandma's Choice

Now, you're going to laugh at where I got this one. My Grandma gave it to me when I was working and she had visited my parents while they were on holidays down at Brunswick Heads. Mum took Grandma to Byron Bay and she picked this one out for my birthday and gave it to me when she returned.
When I took it into work, my boss asked where I had gotten it, and I explained it was a gift from my grandma; well, he thought she was one groovy grandparent!
Yeah, my Grandma - who has passed on since in around 2000 or so - was most certainly very much up with the times. She always gave us grandkids modern and up-to-date gifts on our birthdays and at Christmas and I will always miss that aspect about her not being around anymore.
However, this coin purse is one that holds that special place in my heart
where my Grandma was absolutely spot-on with the gift; from the right place too!

No comments:

Post a Comment