Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Oldest One

I remember the day I found this one in Grandma's white box at Mum's house. It was down the side of one of the elastic areas where you'd keep your brushes or eye shadows; and I almost missed it. However, when I pulled it out, I knew it was special.
This coin purse is from around the earliest I have of before decimal currency. It was used at the RNA here in Brisbane as it's stamped on the
front (we had to take it outside and use a jeweler's eye to see it) and the money inside it was the fare to get into the Exhibition Grounds here in Brisbane. Yes. This is a very special purse. I currently keep this in a ziplock bag with the others, however, it's always clipped up with the money inside it where I found it. What a rare find!

No comments:

Post a Comment