Sunday, October 25, 2009

In Vogue

I bought this one, and one other smaller one,at a Salvation Army Store when it was closing down; they said there were too many other charity stores around they weren't making enough sales. However, I found this bag in this store along with a smaller on at half the price of what was marked on them; and I jumped at buying them. And truthfully, I think this is where I began collecting unusual handbags. They're out there just waiting for us to pick them up and take care of them. This one has a little damage; just a few scuff marks on the bottom; but that's to be expected. The zip works well and it's held its shape really well; and the one thing I look for in a handbag (especially ones like these) is that the handle isn't peeling away or the stitching hasn't come undone. A bit of wear and tear is fine, but if the handle isn't holding up well, I don't buy it as it'll cost more to fix it than you have put out to purchase it.

This two-tone bag is lovely to take out on the town. I've had a few people comment on its condition (how good it is) and were amazed at where I've found it. However, seriously, I haven't bought a brand new bag for years. Second hand has been the way to go for a long time for me; and will be the way to go for some time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment