Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Big Clothes Clean-Out!

There comes a time in every collector's life that you must clean out your house.  This weekend I began on the next phase of my Big Tidy-Up.  For those who have been following me in 'My Book-Crazy Life' you'll know what I'm talking about; however for you people who don't, I'll explain.  I began cleaning out my two-bedroom townhouse last year and it's turned out to be a great success.  Just this weekend, I began on the upstairs bedrooms and I've been very honest with myself.  So far, one full rubbish bag of junk has been thrown in the bin; and it's not coming back inside the house!
However, the next thing on the agenda was my wardrobe.  Since I moved into this townhouse, I've cleaned out my wardrobe once; unsuccessfully.  This time, it's been very good.  I've been brutally honest with myself and pulled out clothes I haven't worn in over 2 years, looked at them and put them straight into the bag.  I even found a nice dress and a couple of vests my niece might like and put them off to one side for her.
But, it's not over yet.  I've still got a little way to go in the organisational parts of this before I'm happy with how my wardrobe looks.  So far, I have from left to right:  cloaks/shawls, dresses, short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, knitted long-sleeved shirts, dressing gowns & brunch coats and all my jackets and coats.  However, it's still a bit muddled up.  So, I've happily just left it for a little while until I fix it up.  But seeing I've got 2 garbage bags of clothes ready to go, I'm rather pleased with myself that I have come this far in just two days.  
So, have done this kind of clean out recently?  Was it successful? Love to hear about your success stories of either your scores at charity stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment