Friday, January 8, 2010

Rabbit Skin!

This beautiful little pouch was sent to me from America by one of my friends on another site. I love all things Native American; and this is one of them. It's genuine rabbit skin; and is it soft and pretty!

I was told in a note that came with it that my friend bought it from an Indian Reservation not far from where they live. It's such a lovely example of their work and is such a treasure that I'll have to think hard about where I'll take this one to use it; that is if I decide to use it at all.


I used this one on Purple Shirt Day this year for my mobile phone; and it fitted quite easily in the little purse.  I love how it feels and the people at the Logan Art Gallery thought it was a gorgeous little thing.  However, I don't think I'd use it as a coin purse but a mobile phone holder.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad to hear you love this! I picked it up and put it back several times as I just wasn't sure if you would!

    This is an awesome topic for a blog, by the way...I'm going to follow and i bet I'll learn a lot!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete