Sunday, January 31, 2010

Golden Oldie

On the same day as I bought the below little coin purse, I found this one hanging on an over-crowded hatstand. It was looking like it needed a new home and when I opened it, I found it had been loved dearly. All the metal around it was in good condition, it did up nicely and the strap was in one piece and not rusted. So, I made the decision very quickly and on the spot to take it home with me (with Glow-Mesh, you don't walk away if it's in good condition, they're hard to come by).

When I got it home, I gave it a closer look and found the inside was creased from where lip was opened the closed all the timed; but that's to be expected from the older handbags. The fabric underneath the metal mesh wasn't stained and it was this lovely golden colour that I love! So, after an initial wipe down and a quick photograph to record it, I added it to my growing collection of handbags.

No comments:

Post a Comment