Monday, March 18, 2013

Sent Packing Vintage Style

Today, I went out on my last outing until I leave to go home from Brighton.  So, I walked back to the cool vintage coffee and tea place on the corner of Queens Parade called Eclectea and took in the morning for an hour or so.
I also went back to have a look at a suitcase I had spotted while I was there with Mum and Dad on Saturday.  But they were in a hurry and needed to hit the road before the traffic blocked up the highways between here and Logan City.  Not wanting to hold them up, I didn't want to make them late and let the suitcase I had my eye on go.  
Usually I hate doing this - and this was no exception.  I hated letting the suitcase go; in case somebody else snapped it up.  So, I went back today and found it there tucked away on top of the change room with other suitcases and old bags waiting for me to buy it.  However, there was no price tag on it.  So, the guy at there photographed it and sent it off to the owner and we got a great price of $30 for it!  What a wonderful price for such a lovely suitcase.  I snapped it up straight away and am so happy I did.  
Isn't it a lovely piece?  I'm not going to travel with it as it's would never survive the abuse of travelling around places or going through customs anywhere... so I'm going to use it as a storage container in my house.  So, if I have it out, and somebody comes over, I just need to close the lid and it looks cool and funky as it is without looking like it's storing anything; and you can't see through it, so you can't really know what's in there.  And while this is true, I'll put a tag on it - sort of like a travel tag - to list what's inside it, so it looks like it's about to go travelling.  The more there is, the more tags I'll attach... cool eh?  Well, until my next post, happy bargain hunting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you managed to score that beautiful vintage suitcase, you totally deserve it. It'll be much-loved, I'm sure. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, it's so sweet of you and I'm absolutely chuffed to have "met" you:). Following for more vintage goodies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My first comment in a very, very long time! I'm on a pension and get all my clothes from charity stores... so I've got my own fashion style (like you do!) which stands out in the crowd.

      And I find that clothes that have stood the test of time last longer if you care for them by following the washing instructions (why doesn't anyone do that?).

      thank you so much for following my blog... I'm looking forward to seeing more from your blog too! :D

      Delete