Friday, March 15, 2013

Eclectea Collections... and Coffee

Today, I went for a walk.  I have found that around here, places are a little further away than they are at Logan and so, it pays to plan ahead and make sure to get to where you want to go early. 
I wanted to go to this place called Eclectea Vintage Tea Shop on the corner of Queens Parade, not 10 minutes walk from my brother's house.  Now, I thought that all it served was tea and coffee - and may be the odd home-made baked munchies - but I was wrong.  This place is an antiques store full of goodies of the non-food varieties.  It surprised me to the point that I thought it was two separate stores at first; well, until I saw the doorway through to the coffee area.
I found all kinds of things in Eclectea I haven't seen anywhere in a long time.  There were complete collections of matching canisters for flour, tea, coffee and sugar.  I found biscuit jars and cake tins, bread bins, clothes, old books, vinyls from the 1970's and some great Glo-Mesh bags that were not over-priced as they are in great condition, without a tile out of place and some were in their original boxes.
I picked up a double-vinyl set of 'History of British Pop'  and a gorgeous two-tone teapot.  The vinyl was $5.00 and the teapot was $10.  There were other teapots but they were much more expensive; but when I found this teapot, I found it much more appealing as it was just the most lovely colours.  
This place is well worth a visit on most any day.  But do keep an eye on your budget, as it's easy to let it run away on you; it's not a charity store... it's a proper antiques store where things have been valued and cared for.  Until my next post, happy bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment