Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sandgate Life Line Scores!

Yep!  I'm on holidays again, and there's a Life Line Charity store here in Sandgate/Brighton.  Today being my shopping day, I thought it would be nasty of me not to have a good look at the place and see what they have in their store.  So, I took off early on the 312 WIZ bus and arrived just after the place opened.
From the outside, it looks small, but it's like a Tardis on the inside... much bigger!  However, like the area, I found this bargain store is anything but full of bargains.  I was looking for a dress to wear, and didn't find anything that was under $20 that was worth it.  The dresses were either too big, too small or too trashy; and they weren't worth the price tag.  They had plenty of shoes, scarves, hats and other items; and yet were lacking in coin purses and handbags.  I saw some but they were hung about the place on all kinds of hooks and not in their own little area where people could look at them on their own.  I found no Glo-mesh purses or bags (it's as though they don't exist) and a lot of the jewellery is just cheap, crappy stuff as well.

However, amongst all the things I didn't like, I found two things that were diamonds in the rough.  There was a bag that was up high on a shelf where nobody could get to it; and I had to ask to look at it.  And then, there was a large Paua Shell from New Zealand which I loved straight away at the bottom bargain price of $4.00.  The bag was going for $8.00... and it was worth it too.  As with any bag, it was a little worn, but the handles were in great shape; as were the insides.  So, I bought it for the condition of those two things as well as it being able to be used when I go to volunteer work next time.  Well, until my next post, happy bargain hunting!

I just found this site about the Bean Pole bag!  I'm stoked!  This bag is a big hit in Asia; and so I thought to share this with you guys. :D

Bean Pole Bag Review

No comments:

Post a Comment