Sunday, January 22, 2012

Charity Store Bargain Buys

On Friday, I thought to get out of the house and go clothes shopping.  Now, I was initially looking for a nice blouse to go with the skirt below.  However, it didn't end up being that way.  I spent my time in the change rooms trying on some great clothes and scoring myself a brilliant mug too before coming home.  
My first set of clothes I tried on was a dress.  It was a full-length even dress of a quality I've not seen in a long time; and I've been looking for in - well - forever!  It's just gorgeous, got shoe-string straps, no zips and a scalloped front and an uneven hem with a bright red under-dress.  Just gorgeous if you ask me.  And I have a short coat that would go well with it as well as a black shawl that would compliment it too.
The next things I tried on were two skirts.  One was long and black with a short split up and back with a floral print all over it.  It was lovely.  I know what would go with it too.  And I have another white coat that would go with it and a few other things that would compliment it.  Then there was a skirt from the MissShop at Myers range that was in about 2 years ago that has an uneven back and front hems with a tie.  This is a skirt I could wear out to evenings or to a party.  I do have a variety of blouses that would set it off - and two pairs of shoes that would look good with it too.  
My last purchase was a strange one; but when I saw it, I knew it was something I couldn't pass up.  It was a retro 'John & George' mug that was made in England.  So, what do you think?  I thought it was an absolute bargain at .50c; very much underpriced if you ask me and of course I would have been a fool to not pounce on it when I did.  
Well, that's my bargain purchases this week.  Until my next post, happy bargain hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment