Friday, November 11, 2011

From Thailand

This week, I had a great time at my local charity store. However, I didn't find any handbags or coin purses worthwhile bringing home.  There were a lot of the same ones there from last week; so I didn't buy anything from that section of the store.  And the clothes didn't interest me either; they weren't in my style or size. 
But, it wasn't until I walked around the homewares area that I found what I thought was real gem.  A lovely large teapot - a white one - with beautiful fruit and flowers painted on it.  I turned it over and found it was made in Thailand.  Now, a lot of teapots are made in China and the UK; but I haven't come across one made in Thailand.  This one was a very big one; and I didn't know until I returned home and used it that it was a six-cup one.  How wonderful!  The only drawback is that it drips; but I can fix that with a bit of plastic hose fitted to lip which I borrow off my late-Grandma's old teapot until I find a permanent piece for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment