Monday, November 2, 2009

Robin Hood Rides Again!

This green beauty comes from Sherwood Forest. It's one of the oldest parts of England with the richest and brilliant myths around; and that would be Robin Hood. Nottingham is the city that thrives after all this time - and is also famous from the myths as well - but it's the forest where the action took place, where Robin Hood and his Merry Men, John Little and all the great stuff of stories was made. However, this forest has needed help from its people; and they are assisting in its survival.

My Mum brought back this coin purse for me from the UK to say that she had gone to see Sherwood Forest when I didn't. She told me that place wasn't looking in good shape and she had photos to prove it; and they showed the forest looking very old and dying. But seeing how people are about historical places and sites in the UK, they won't let it die; it's just not like them. However, I do love this purse, I just don't know when I'll use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment