Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Unique Purchase

I do love it when I happen to see a handbag and it just speaks to me.  And this happened on a day when I was feeling horrible and sick.  You see, if you follow my other blog 'The Book Craze' you would have read that I had an allergic reaction to a generic medication.  Well, it took a little while to get out of my system; and this happened the day before my usual shopping day.  

So, there I was in Life Line looking around and I found this lovely, very retro handbag.  It was in absolutely gorgeous condition and the price was right at $8 or so.  And I found the inside of it was just lovely too; and clean.  I had a handful of coin purses as well to buy. 
Well, last night, I used this handbag and it was perfect for where I needed to go for dinner; however not so perfect for the pub we went to afterwards.  It fits everything well and stands up just nice with the handles exactly where I wanted them (at my knee) when I needed to pick up the bag.  So, when it was time to leave, I wasn't fumbling around on the floor for the handles of the bag.  The main top zip was nice and tight and didn't jam up or break and there was plenty of room for not only my phone, but also my make-up bag and my house keys and meds.  So, this bag certainly passed the test in the early evening.  At The Boundary Hotel, there wasn't anywhere to put my bag as the handles either got in the way or the floor was grotty; so I had to hold onto the bag.  Oh well, I guess you can expect everything out of one handbag.  It is a great bag and was a great find.  I'm glad I didn't pass it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment