Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Two Scores in One Day

I haven't been to Life Line in almost a month; and that's been a good break for me.  Anyway, today was my first day back into the swing of things.  I had spent the last week cleaning up my living room and kitchen table; and now they look great.
Today, I had to do my shopping.  So, I didn't see much harm in looking in on my usual hang-out just to see what had come in over the New Year.  And some great stuff had been donated.  
The first thing I saw was a purple handbag; and it was beautiful and soft!  I've been looking for something like this for a while now, but just can't find one which is lovely and soft.  And the inside is all sectioned out with velcroe and is a lilac colour.  Then, on the sides there's buttons so I can open up the bag a little or close it up; depending on how much I have inside it.  Very cool for $10.
The next bag I saw was a green cotton bag with long shoulder handles with little bells and beads hanging off it.  As soon as I saw it, I loved it.  It's got a double bit of cardboard in the bottom and a button on the top to close it up, but it's also got plenty of room for everything I need.  I thought I could use it for volunteer work to store a book, my knitting and a sketch book and some pencils.  A very nice piece for $8.00.  
So, have you found anything lately in a charity store, marketplace or a thrift store which has caught your eye and budget?  If so, share it with us as a comment below.  Until my next post, happy bargain hunting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment